Home » Posts tagged 'Free'
Tag Archives: Free
While 2-1-1 will be open tomorrow, many people will be off celebrating our Independence Day! We wanted to share with you some FREE (food is not free – so bring your own to keep costs down) options to celebrate the 4th in Marion County. Make sure to bring your lawn chairs and blankets. Have a great time and be safe!
- Williston will be hosting a parade at 5p on July 3rd down Main St and will have fireworks, rides, games, and food over at Horseman’s Park at 6p.
- Belleview will be partying it up from 2-10p on July 4th with live music, fireworks, face painting and more.
- Ocala will be hosting the Red White and Blues Festival on July 3rd 6-9 pm at Citizen’s Circle. Music, food and the splash pad will be available.
- Ocala will be hosting a Patriotic Celebration at Circle Square on July 4th from 5 – 9:30 pm. There will be music, food, face painting, a skydiver tribute, fireworks, and a WWII plane fly over. It will be $5 for parking.
- God & Country Day will occur on July 4th starting at 1pm, fireworks at 8:30p, at the corner of County Road 225A and U.S. 27 in NW Ocala. The event is free to attend, they are asking for a donation for parking, but it is not required. There will be fireworks, bounce houses, water slides, entertainment, food, crafts and more.
United Way Marion County is hosting a contest this week on Facebook!
Starting now and ending 6/27 at 5pm, you can enter a drawing to win a LIVE UNITED t-shirt! Here’s how to enter:
1. Visit the United Way of Marion County Facebook Page and “Like” the page.
2. On the UWMC Facebook page, find the image on the right which will be posted on our wall. Share it on your wall.
That’s it! We will announce the winner on 6/30 on our Facebook page and the winner can come to the United Way office in Ocala to get their t-shirt.
Drayton Florence of Ocala, NFL Football player with the Carolina Panthers, will hold a Youth Football Camp in Ocala, Florida on July 12th at the Webb Field.
This FREE, no-contact camp will be held from 6 to 10 pm and is open to boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 18. For additional information please call (352) 577-2333.
Only the first 250 registrants will be accepted!
With school letting out next week, summertime BreakSpot’s are getting ready to kick in to gear; providing breakfast, lunch and snacks for FREE to children 18 and under. Florida alone in 2012 served 10,092,594 meals at over 3,000 sites. According to Feeding America:
“Good nutrition, particularly in the first three years of life, is important in establishing and maintaining a good foundation that has implications on a child’s future physical and mental health, academic achievement, and economic productivity. Unfortunately, food insecurity is an obstacle that threatens that critical foundation.”
Please help us spread the word about this program. If you need to find a BreakSpot nearby, simply dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211 and we will get you connected. Visiting another part of the state over the summer? No sweat, 2-1-1 and Summer BreakSpot’s are both available statewide.
Want to make a difference to end hunger? Volunteer with an agency working to alleviate hunger and homelessness in Marion County.
“… the best predictor of summer loss or summer gain is whether or not a child reads during the summer. And the best predictor of whether a child reads is whether or not he or she has access to books.” – Allington, Richard L. and McGill-Franzen, Anne. “Bridging the Summer Reading Gap,” Scholastic Instructor (2003, May/June).
Coming up on March 15th from 10a-3p at Munroe Auxiliary Center, Lindsey’s Dresses for Hope will be giving out incredible formal wear for prom including dresses, shoes and jewelry for FREE. Call 2-1-1 for more details!
If you need dental care, 2-1-1 can show you the way. Coming soon on April 11th, Dentistry From The Heart with Dr Stephen Dunn will be providing FREE detal services. The line for this has been known to begin forming as early as 5am, so bring what you need to be comfortable. You can select one of the following services: cleaning, filling or extraction. Simply dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211 for more information about this incredible event. No documentation is required to access this service.
If you miss this event, no sweat, 2-1-1 can keep you informed about dental services through the Health Department and other programs year round.
Spring Break is less than a month away and some camps are already filling up! All camps are open all week and some have the option to go some days and not others. So call, text or chat with 2-1-1 online to get further details about a spring break camp near you.
Ocala Parks and Rec: Lillian Bryant and ED Crosky will be providing (more…)
2-1-1 is now scheduling tax appointments for 2014!
Don’t pay for filing income tax, loans, or rapid refunds. VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistane) e-filing gets your cash to you in 8-10 days! Don’t forget to ask if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Many families do not take advantage of or are unaware of the EITC, which could increase their tax refund by up to $6,044.
Simply dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to us at 898-211 to make an appointment.
If you want to file your taxes on your own, you could save $200 right now by (more…)