Home » Posts tagged 'Ocala'
Tag Archives: Ocala
While 2-1-1 will be open tomorrow, many people will be off celebrating our Independence Day! We wanted to share with you some FREE (food is not free – so bring your own to keep costs down) options to celebrate the 4th in Marion County. Make sure to bring your lawn chairs and blankets. Have a great time and be safe!
- Williston will be hosting a parade at 5p on July 3rd down Main St and will have fireworks, rides, games, and food over at Horseman’s Park at 6p.
- Belleview will be partying it up from 2-10p on July 4th with live music, fireworks, face painting and more.
- Ocala will be hosting the Red White and Blues Festival on July 3rd 6-9 pm at Citizen’s Circle. Music, food and the splash pad will be available.
- Ocala will be hosting a Patriotic Celebration at Circle Square on July 4th from 5 – 9:30 pm. There will be music, food, face painting, a skydiver tribute, fireworks, and a WWII plane fly over. It will be $5 for parking.
- God & Country Day will occur on July 4th starting at 1pm, fireworks at 8:30p, at the corner of County Road 225A and U.S. 27 in NW Ocala. The event is free to attend, they are asking for a donation for parking, but it is not required. There will be fireworks, bounce houses, water slides, entertainment, food, crafts and more.
“The first duty of society is justice.” – Alexander Hamilton
These agencies in Marion County take the commitment to justice to heart and provide free or sliding scale legal services to families with low incomes. A post about legal services wouldn’t be complete without a disclaimer. Always clarify with the agencies as services and fees may change over time.
Housing is consistently the #1 reason Marion County residents call 2-1-1, making up about 25% of our calls. With Section 8 and the Public Housing waiting list closed until the fall of 2014 as well as most HUD low-income housing units having wait lists of a year or more, we wanted to dig in a little deeper and look at some other options for folks looking for housing they can afford when times are tough financially. (more…)
Drayton Florence of Ocala, NFL Football player with the Carolina Panthers, will hold a Youth Football Camp in Ocala, Florida on July 13th at the Webb Stadium. Special guest Mike Peterson, NFL Football player with the Atlanta Falcons will be present. NFL players scheduled to appear in addition to Florence and Peterson include Clinton Hart, Spencer Johnson, Mike McIntosh, and Cleo Lemon.
This FREE, non-contact camp will be held from 6 to 9:30 pm and is open to boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 18. For additional information please call (352) 577-2333.
Only the first 150 registrants will be accepted!
Stands will be open to the public and for the first time.